Nurse Care Navigation
Have you or your loved one been told you may have cancer? Dealing with a potential or new diagnosis of cancer can be emotional and overwhelming. The Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center Nurse Care Navigators are here to help!
Our nurse care navigators are experienced oncology nurses who can guide you through your diagnosis and treatment plan. Care navigation in oncology has demonstrated benefits such as shorter time to diagnosis and treatment, increased patient and caregiver knowledge, better adherence to care and improved quality of life.
Our Nurse Care Navigators can:
- Provide general and focused education about your diagnosis and treatment plan
- Identify needs and refer you to appropriate resources within Hunterdon Healthcare System and the community
- Facilitate any physician-requested consults with appropriate specialists and ensure that you’re prepared for the appointment
- Assist with communication among your healthcare team, ensuring seamless care
- Give guidance and support through your cancer care journey