NJCEED Cancer Screening Program
Hunterdon NJ Cancer Education and Early Detection (NJCEED) Program
The Hunterdon NJ Cancer Education and Early Detection (NJCEED) grant program at the Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center has been providing free cancer screenings services since 1997. This grant program is funded by the New Jersey Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. This program was implemented as a strategy to find cancer at an early stage before symptoms develop, prevent the occurrence of cancer, and ultimately improve health outcomes. In addition, NJCEED staff conducts English-Spanish outreach, education, and navigation services to improve care for the underserved population.
It is our commitment to provide the following free cancer screenings:
- Breast: starting at age 40, clinical breast exam and an annual mammogram
- Cervical: 21-29 years of age, a Pap test, and 30-65 years of age, an HPV & Pap co-testing
- Colorectal: beginning at age 45, a Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) and colonoscopy
- Colorectal: beginning at age 45, the Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) and colonoscopy
- Prostate: beginning at age 55, both the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) and Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) or at age 45 if at risk (African American men, strong family medical history of prostate cancer)
These screenings services are available to individuals who:
- do not have health insurance, the underinsured or those with a high deductible
- do not have Medicare or Medicaid
- are under the 250% NJ Income Guidelines
Annual Screening Locations
Services are provided at 11 primary care practitioners’ sites throughout Hunterdon and Somerset counties:
- Hunterdon Family Practice at Bridgewater, Bridgewater
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone, Flemington
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips Barber, Lambertville
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley, Milford
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield, Clinton and Washington
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands, Hampton
- Hunterdon Family Physicians, Flemington
- Affiliates in Ob/Gyn, Flemington
- All Women’s Healthcare Lifeline Medical Associates, Flemington and Branchburg
- Advanced Ob/Gyn, Flemington, Branchburg and Lebanon
- Annandale Family Practice, Annandale
For more information about free cancer screening services or to determine eligibility, please contact Hunterdon NJCEED at 908-237-5409 or 908-237-7039.
For more information about NJCEED, please visit NJ Department of Health.
Para información en Español: Hunterdon County Cancer Education and Early Detection Program (Spanish).
Para participar en el programa, llame al 908-237-7039 o al 908-237-5409.
Para obtener más información sobre las pautas de detección del cáncer, visite: www.cancer.org.